|Net Power||15.8 hp (11.8 kW) at 2,300 rpm|
|Operating Weight||1,700 kg (3,747 Ibs)|
|Standard Bucket||0.04 m3 (0.05 yd3)|
- Kubota Tier 4 Final Engine
- Boom Swing
- Dozer Blade
- Zero-Tail Swing
- Suspension Seat
- Ergonomic Controls & Switches
- Cab Entry
- Centralized Lubrication
- Long-life Components
- Easy Access
- Durable Cooler
Come visit us at Quality Fleet Service to discover how we can keep you working.
The Hyundai R17Z-9A
If you are looking for a compact excavator to handle some smaller jobs, then the Hyundai R17Z-9A is a fantastic choice that delivers solid power and can fit just about anywhere. Since Hyundai offers such a great selection of different models, however, there are a number of larger options available if you need something bigger for your work. When you work with us at Quality Fleet Service, you know that you have your choice of many different machines, and you can rest easy with the knowledge that you will get the right one for what you need.
The Hyundai R17Z-9A has a water-cooled 4-cycle diesel engine that delivers up to 15 hp and up to 36 lb-ft of torque, which keeps it going through plenty of tough jobs. Since this is a smaller model designed for light-duty excavation, it has a maximum operating weight of up to 3,920 lbs with a swing speed of 9.5 rpm, which should be sufficient for a lot of tasks.
The top speed on the Hyundai R17Z-9A is 2.6 mph, so you will not win any races with it, but it can certainly get across your job site quickly enough. It has a maximum digging reach of over 12 feet and a maximum digging depth of just over 7 feet, which makes sense considering its smaller size. Bucket breakout on this model is just under 3,500 lbs of force, while it delivers up to 1,920 lbs of digging force to get into whatever you need it to. With a tail swing radius of fewer than 3 feet, you can use this excavator in pretty tight spaces and still get whatever work you need done.
Looking at specs on different models of compact excavators can be helpful, but they do not always give you a full picture of what each one can do. That is why we have a large test pit here at our site so that you can get a feel for different machines in real-world settings when performing the kinds of tasks you need them for. This allows us to make sure you get exactly the right equipment for what you need, and it is only the beginning of the services we offer.
Hyundai’s World-Class Warranty
One of the main reasons we are so proud to offer Hyundai equipment, in addition to their long reputation for excellence, is the industry-leading warranties they offer on their machinery. This kind of equipment is a big investment that you make in your business, so you want some peace of mind in knowing it will last you a long time. A great warranty, like what Hyundai offers, is the key to that sense of security and shows just how well they stand behind what they make.
The Hyundai R17Z-9A warranty coverage includes:
- 3-year or 3,000-hour full machine warranty
- 5-year or 10,000-hour structural warranty
If you want even more coverage, then an extended warranty is available from Hyundai that provides you with up to 5 years or 10,000 hours of full machine protection. While you can choose this extended coverage at the time you purchase your machinery, you can also get it after the fact. As long as your machinery is still covered by its original warranty, you can get the extended warranty for added protection.
Plus, all Hyundai parts are covered by a 1-year or 1,500-hour warranty on them in addition to whatever coverage your machine has. As a certified Hyundai service center, we use factory parts whenever possible that include this excellent warranty coverage. That way, you know that your equipment and everything in it is protected for as long as possible.
- ModelKUBOTA D902
- TypeWater-cooled, 4-cycle diesel 4 cylinders in line, diesel, low emission
- Rated flywheel horsepower (SAE)J1995 (gross) 16.8hp (12.5kw) @ 2,300rpm
J1349 (net) 15.8hp (11.8kw) @ 2,300rpm
- Max. torque5.6 kgf.m (40.5 lbf.ft) @ 1,900 rpm
- Bore × Stroke72 mm (2.83") × 73.6 mm (2.90")
- Piston displacement898 cc (54.79 in³)
- Battery1 × 12 V × 45 Ah
- Starting motor12 V – 1.2 kW
- Alternator12 V – 40 Amp
- Drive methodFull hydrostatic type
- Drive motorAxial piston motor, in-shoe design
- Reduction systemPlanetary reduction gear
- Max. drawbar pull1,420 kgf (3,130 lbf)
- Max. travel speed (high) / (low)2.2 km/hr (1.4 mph) / 4.1 km/hr (2.5 mph)
- Gradeability30° (58%)
- Parking brakeMulti-wet disc
Controls Note: Pilot-pressure-operated joysticks and pedals with detachable lever provide almost effortless and fatigueless operation.
- Pilot controlTwo joysticks with one safety lever
(LH): Arm swing, boom swing
(RH): Boom and bucket (ISO)
- Traveling and steeringTwo levers with pedals
- Engine throttleMechanical, cable type
- Main Pump TypeVariable displacement piston pumps + gear pump
- Max. flow2 x 18.8L /min (5 gpm) + 11.3L /min (3 gpm) + 6.8L /min(1.8 gpm) at 2,500 rpm
- Sub-pump for pilot circuitGear pump
Cross-Sensing and Fuel-Saving Pump System
- No. of cylinders
(Bore × Stroke)Boom: 60×440mm
Boom swing: 55×355mm
Dozer blade: 65×115mm
Relief Valve Setting
- Implement circuits210 kgf/cm² (2,990 psi)
- Travel circuit210 kgf/cm² (2,990 psi)
- Swing circuit135 kgf/cm² (1,920 psi)
- Pilot circuit30 kgf/cm² (430 psi)
- Service valveInstalled
- TravelTwo-speed axial piston motor with counter balance valve and parking brake
- SwingAxial piston motor with automatic brake
Coolant and Lubricant Capacity
- Fuel tank20L (5.3 gal)
- Engine coolant3.5L (0.9 gal)
- Engine oil3.7L (1.0 gal)
- Hydraulic tank13L (3.4 gal)
- Hydraulic system23L (6.1 gal)
- Swing motorOrbit motor
- Swing bearing lubricationLubricated with drain
- Swing speed9.5 rpm
Weight Note: Operating weight, including 1,800 mm (5' 11") boom, 960 mm (3' 2") arm, SAE heaped 0.04 m³ (0.05 yd³) excavator bucket, 230 mm (9") rubber track, lubricant, coolant, full fuel tank, hydraulic tank, 268 kg (590 lb) counterweight and the standard equipment.
Undercarriage Note: Center frame is integrally welded with reinforced box-section track frames. The undercarriage includes lubricated rollers, track adjusters with shock absorbing springs and sprockets, and rubber shoes.
- Operating weight (canopy)1,780 kg (3,920 lb)
- Ground pressure (canopy)0.26 kg/cm2 (3.70 psi)
- Track frameVariable undercarriage
- No. of track roller on each side3
- A Overall length3,480mm (11'4")
- B Overall height2,320mm (7'7")
- C Overall width990~1,300mm (3'2"- 4'2")
- D Tail swing radius645mm (2'11") 720mm (2'3")
(With additional counterweight)
- E Tumbler distance1,230mm (4'0")
- F Track gauge760~1,070mm (2'6"~3'5")
- G Track shoe width230mm (0'9")
- H Ground clearance440mm (1'5")
- Boom length1,800mm (5'11")
- Arm length960mm (3'2") to 1,120mm (3'8")
- A Max. digging reach3,900mm (12'7") to 4,030mm (13'2")
- A1 Max. digging reach on ground3,800mm (12'4") to 3,940mm (12'9")
- B Max. digging depth2,200mm (7'2") to 2,350mm (7'7")
- C Max. vertical wall digging depth1,320mm (4'3") to 1,460mm (6'3")
- D Max. digging height3,580mm (11'7") to 3,680mm (12'0")
- E Max. dumping height2,570mm (8'4") to 2,670mm (8'7")
- F Min. swing radius1,570mm (5'1") to 1,600mm (5'2")
Quality Fleet Service is Here for You
Our use of Hyundai parts is just one of the many services we offer our customers here at Quality Fleet Service. Our 15,000 sq.ft. facility is fully equipped for handling pretty much any kind of maintenance or repairs imaginable. We have hydraulic lifts and aerial lift equipment so we can perform in-frame and out-of-frame engine overhauls and service. No matter what you need for your Hyundai machinery, we are ready to get you up and running again––and we are also authorized to work on CAT, Perkins, Isuzu Diesel, and more.
We also know that major issues do not only arise during standard work hours or when you can easily bring your machinery to us. That is why we provide on-road and on-site service and support for our customers, coming to you and getting your equipment working again. Whether you are by the side of the road or deep in a forest at a job site, we will come to you and provide as much maintenance and service as we possibly can. We also provide 24-hour emergency support for our customers so that we can perform repairs and maintenance any time of day, seven days a week, in any weather conditions.
Call or come visit us at Quality Fleet Service in South Hadley, MA, and we will make sure you can get your job done.