|Net Power||65.1 hp (48.5 kW) @ 2,400 rpm|
|Operating Weight||5,550 kg (12,240 lbs)|
|Standard Bucket||30 km/h (18.6 mph)|
- Hydrostatic drive
- Swing Boom
- Dozer Blade / Dual-lock quick Coupler
- Advanced Hydraulic System
- Color LCD Monitor
- Deluxe Operator’s Suspension Seat
- Climate control (AC/Heat)
- Bluetooth Radio
- Battery Master Switch
- Dozer & boom cylinder guards
- Auto-diagnostic system
- Aluminum cooler
A wheeled excavator gives you much of the incredible digging power of a crawler excavator, but with wheels designed to navigate paved roads and parking lots better. That might seem like a minor distinction, but considering many areas have laws forbidding the use of crawler models on a city street, it is an important one. The Hyundai R55W-9A is the smallest of the wheeled excavators available from Hyundai, and is essentially a wheeled version of one of their most popular compact excavators – making it a great option for a wide range of uses.
Here at Quality Fleet Service, we are proud to offer an extensive lineup of different excavators from Hyundai, including crawler, wheeled, and compact models. No matter what kind of excavator you need, we are ready to help you determine which model is right and make sure you have everything you need to get your job done. With our large test pit, you can see how this sort of machinery would work for you, and we offer long-term service and support here at our facility or at your location when necessary. Visit us at Quality Fleet Service and discover the best way to take care of your commercial equipment.
The Hyundai R55W-9A
Wheeled excavators are the perfect solution when you need to do some serious digging, but your machinery has to traverse paved roads and areas that would be damaged by wheeled excavators. The Hyundai R55W-9A is the smallest of the wheeled excavators offered by Hyundai and is a wheeled version of the R55-9A compact excavator, hence its small size and frame. So if you are looking for a wheeled model that you can easily use in areas without a lot of space for the wide swing of a larger model, then this is an ideal choice.
The Hyundai R55W-9A is powered by a Yanmar water-cooled 4-cycle diesel engine that delivers up to 65.1 hp and up to 174 lb-ft of torque, which is excellent for a compact model. Its operating weight is more than 12,000 lbs since it is a smaller excavator, and it has a bucket range of up to 0.18 cu.m. or 0.24 cu.yd. The swing speed on this model is 7.8 rpm, which is a bit less than the standard compact version of it due to its wheeled design.
Those wheels give this excavator a travel speed of up to 18 mph, however, which is substantially faster than the crawler version of this compact excavator. It has a maximum digging reach of just over 20 feet and a maximum digging depth of more than 11 feet, so it can handle pretty diverse terrain. With a tail swing radius of just over 5 feet, it is a great choice for use in tight spaces. Finally, this model has a bucket breakout rating of 9,550 lbs of force and offers more than 7,000 lbs of digging force for getting your work done.
If you are uncertain of exactly which excavator is best for your needs, then we are here to help. Not only are our friendly salespeople incredibly knowledgeable about different excavator models and which one is best for various work situations, but we also have a large test pit. Here at our test pit, you can see different machines that we offer, working in real-world conditions, to get a true sense of which one will best meet your needs. Whether that is a wheeled compact excavator like the Hyundai R55W-9A or any other model we offer, we will make sure you get exactly the right machine.
Long-Term Warranty Protection
Although there are plenty of things to like about Hyundai’s powerful commercial machinery, one of our favorite aspects of them is the incredible warranty coverage they include. When you see a great warranty on this type of equipment, it tells you that the manufacturer really stands behind what they do, and they are confident in their work. This lets you rest easy, knowing that your investment in your business is covered.
The Hyundai R55W-9A warranty coverage includes:
- 3-year or 3,000-hour full machine warranty
- 5-year or 10,000-hour structural warranty
While the standard warranty is already excellent, Hyundai also offers extended warranties that provide you with up to 5 years or 10,000 hours of full machine coverage. Best of all: you do not have to decide if you want the extended warranty when you buy your equipment. You can choose to get the extended warranty at any time so long as your machinery is still covered by the original warranty.
Hyundai also covers all of its parts with a 1-year or 1,500-hour warranty. Since we are an authorized Hyundai service center, we use Hyundai factory parts whenever possible while working on your machinery. This means that you know our work is covered by not only the original warranty for your equipment, but also by additional protection for the parts we use.
- ModelYANMAR 4TNV98
- TypeWater-cooled, 4-cycle diesel, 4 cylinders in line, direct injection, low emission
- Rated flywheel horsepower (SAE)J1995 (gross) 66.9 HP (49.9 kW) @ 2,400 rpm
J1349 (net) 65.1 HP (48.5 kW) @ 2,400 rpm
- Max. torque24 kgf.m (174 lbf-ft) @ 1,560 rpm
- Bore × Stroke98mm (3.86") × 110mm (4.33")
- Piston displacement3,319cc (203 in³)
- Battery1 × 12V × 100Ah
- Starting motor12V - 3.0kW
- Alternator12V - 80Amp
- Swing motorAxial piston motor
- Swing reductionPlanetary gear reduction
- Swing bearing lubricationGrease-bathed
- Swing brakeMulti wet disc
- Swing speed7.8 rpm
- Main Pump Type(2) Variable-displacement piston pumps + (1) gear pump
- Max. flow2 × 63.5 L/min (16.5 gpm)
- Sub-pump for pilot circuit (Gear Pump)40.5 / 16.3 L/min (10.7 / 4.3 gmp)
- Rear dozer bladeTwo joysticks with one safety lever
(LH): Arm swing
(RH): Boom and bucket (ISO)
- Engine throttleElectric, dial type
Cross-Sensing and Fuel-Saving Pump System
- No. of cylinders
(Bore × Stroke)Boom: 1-110 × 715 mm
(4.3” × 28.1”)
Arm: 1-90 × 850 mm
(3.5” × 33.5”)
Bucket: 1-80 × 660 mm
(3.1” × 26.0”)
Boom swing: 1-95 × 527 mm
(3.7” × 20.7”)
Dozer blade: 1-110 × 224 mm
(4.3" × 8.8")
Relief Valve Setting
- Implement circuits240 kgf/cm2 (3,410 psi)
- Travel circuit220 kgf/cm2 (3,130 psi)
- Swing circuit220 kgf/cm2 (3,130 psi)
- Pilot circuit30 kgf/cm2 (430 psi)
- Service valveInstalled
- TravelTwo-speed axial piston motor with counter balance valve and parking brake
- SwingAxial piston motor with automatic brake
Operating weight: 5,550 kg (12,240 Ib), including 3,000 mm (9’ 10”) boom, 1,600 mm (5’ 3”) arm, SAE heaped 0.18 m³ (0.24 yd3) digging bucket, lubricant, coolant, full fuel tank, hydraulic tank and the standard equipment.
Axles and Tires: Full floating front axle is supported by center pin for oscillation. It can be locked by oscillation lock cylinders. Rear axle is fixed on the lower chassis.
- Upperstructure2,680 kg (5,910 lb)
- Mono boom (with arm cylinder)310 kg (680 lb)
- Max. travel speed(high) / (low)30 km/h (18.6mph) / 11.6 km/h (7.2mph)
Axles and Tires
- Tires12.0 x 16.5-12PR, single
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel tank125.0L (33.0 gal)
- Engine coolant9.5L (2.5 gal)
- Engine oil11.6L (3.1 gal)
- Swing device - gear oil1.5L (0.4 gal)
- Hydraulic tank70.0L (18.5 gal)
- Hydraulic system120.0L (31.7 gal)
- Axle(Front/Rear)5.3/5.3L (1.4/1.4 gal)
- Boom length3,000mm (9' 10")
- Arm length1,600mm (5' 3") to 1,900 (6' 3")
- A Max. digging reach6,150mm (20' 2") to 6,430mm (21' 1")
- A1 Max. digging reach on ground5,980mm (19' 7") to 6,200mm (20' 4")
- B Max. digging depth3,500mm (11' 6") to 3,800mm (12' 6")
- B1 Max. vertical wall digging depth2,960mm (9' 9") to 3,160mm (10' 4")
- C Max. digging height6,070mm (19' 11") to 6,260mm (20' 6")
- D Max. dumping height4,340mm (14' 3") to 4,530mm (14'10")
- E Min. swing radius2,350mm ( 7' 9") to 2,350mm ( 7' 9")
- F Tail swing radius1,650mm ( 5' 5") to 1,650mm ( 5' 5")
QFS Service and Support
Everything we do here at Quality Fleet Service has a simple goal: to make sure you keep working as long as you need to. We have a 15,000 sq.ft. facility that is fully equipped to allow us to provide any kind of service, maintenance, or repairs your equipment might need. Our hydraulic lifts make it easy to get to every part of your machinery, and we have aerial lift equipment so we can provide in-frame and out-of-frame engine repairs and overhauls. With our welding and fabrication facilities, we are able to make anything we need for your machine, in addition to the Hyundai factory parts we use.
In an ideal world, you would always be able to bring your machinery to us, and you would only have issues arise during regular business hours. This is not always an ideal world, however, so we provide on-site and on-road assistance for our customers, coming to you and performing service and repairs on your machinery wherever you are. We do not care if you are stuck by the road, deep in a forest, or if there is a torrential downpour – when you need service, we will be there for you. That is why we even offer 24-hour emergency support and service for our customers so that we can get you back up and running no matter when you need us.
Call or visit us at Quality Fleet Service today to see how we can support your business, you can find us in South Hadley, MA, or by phone at (413) 213-0632.