|Net Power||171 hp (127 kW) at 1,800 rpm|
|Operating Weight||17,800 kg (39,240 lbs)|
|Max Travel Speed||35 km/h (21.7 mph)|
- Hydrostatic drive
- Attachment Flow Control
- Dozer blade
- Front outrigger
- Intelligent 8″ touchscreen monitor
- Advanced audio system
- Auto climate control (AC/Heat)
- Deluxe Operator’s Seat
- Centralized Lubrication
- Cab Air Filter Access
- Hi-Mate – Telematics System
- Battery disconnect switch
- Auto-diagnostic system
Having the right equipment for the job you need to do can mean the difference between meeting your deadlines or going over – or even the difference between getting the job done and failing. That is why it is so good to see diverse lineups when looking at machinery like the Hyundai series of wheeled excavators. Within this selection of machines, the Hyundai HW250MH is a unique offering: it has an extending cab and a grappler, rather than a standard cab and boom arm, making it perfect for scrap yards, auto recycling, and demolition.Knowing which piece of equipment is perfect for getting your job done is not always easy, however, which is why you need to have a reliable authority you can turn to in order to make sure you get just what you need. Here at Quality Fleet Service, our expert salespeople have a great deal of experience working with professionals in a wide range of industries and taking care of their machinery. Whether you know just what you are looking for, you have a lot of questions about different options, or you need service for your equipment, we are here to help. Call us at Quality Fleet Service today, and we will make sure you can get your job done. First, though, let's get into the Hyundai HW250MH.
The Hyundai HW250MH
Although technically part of the lineup of wheeled excavators from Hyundai, the Hyundai HW250MH is a unique option that is substantially different from the other models. It does have wheels and a somewhat similar design overall, but there are two significant differences with this one. First, it has an extending cab on hydraulics, rather than a standard cab, so the operator of the machine can get a better view of the materials being handled. And second, it is equipped with a grappler on a gooseneck arm, rather than the standard boom and bucket that the other excavators in Hyundai’s lineup are equipped with.
This is currently the only model in Hyundai’s lineup designed as a material handler and outfitted with a grappler. It also comes with an outrigger for better stability and strength, providing you with an advantage when you need to move a lot of heavy material. It is not the only wheeled excavator available from Hyundai with an outrigger, however, as the HW180 and the HW210 also have one.
The Hyundai HW250MH is powered by an impressive Cummins engine that delivers up to 174 hp and has an operating weight of over 57,000 lbs. Due to its gooseneck arm and grappler, it has a bucket range of more than 39 feet, a swing speed of 9.7 rpm, and a working range swing radius of nearly 10 feet – or a little under 9 feet without the grappler. It has a maximum digging depth of more than 15 feet, a maximum digging reach of more than 35 feet, and a tail swing radius of just over 9 feet.
Overall, the Hyundai HW250MH is a fantastic option if you are looking for a material handler to clear out a large amount of debris, scrap, or other items. Its wheeled design means it can easily and quickly get across a large scrap yard or worksite, and it has a maximum travel speed of more than 21 mph. However, it is important to make sure you get the right machinery for what you need, so consider all of your options before making a choice.
Choosing the Right Equipment
One of the most important decisions you need to make when considering the Hyundai HW250MH or any other piece of equipment is if it is the right one for your business or site. A standard excavator is a great option for digging down into the ground, clearing out soil and aggregate materials, and even getting into debris at a demolition site. They are really designed for digging fairly close to their locations, however, which means they lose stability when reaching a long distance.
A material handler like the Hyundai HW250MH, however, is specifically designed to reach a long distance and still lift a great deal of weight. The difference in its boom arm and the grappler at the end provides the strength and leverage necessary to lift weight at a distance that a standard excavator could not handle. And with its outrigger, the HW250MH gains improved stability to support its use in just about any kind of conditions.
The World-Class Hyundai Warranty
Whether you decide that a wheeled or crawler excavator or a material handler like the Hyundai HW250MH is right for you, Hyundai has you covered with some of the best warranty protection in the industry. This warranty coverage is provided on all excavator models, including this material handler version, and ensures your investment in your business is protected.
The standard warranty on the Hyundai HW250MH includes:
- 3-year or 3,000-hour full machine warranty
- 5-year or 10,000-hour structural warranty
While this is already fantastic warranty coverage for your equipment, there is also a Hyundai extended warranty option, providing you with up to 5 years or 10,000 hours of full machine coverage. Best of all, you can choose the extended warranty at any time so long as your equipment is still under the original coverage. Here at Quality Fleet Service, we use Hyundai factory parts whenever possible while performing maintenance or making repairs, which are covered by a 1-year or 1,500-hour parts warranty. And since we are a certified and authorized service center, you know that our work will not negatively affect your warranty coverage.
- Maker / ModelCummins QSB6.7
- Rated flywheel horse power - SAEJ1995 (gross): 183 HP (136.8kW) at 2,000 rpm
J1349 (net): 174 HP (129.4kW) at 2,000 rpm
- Rated flywheel horse power - DIN6271/1 (gross): 186 PS (136.8kW) at 2,000 rpm
6271/1 (net): 176 PS (129.4kW) at 2,000 rpm
- Max. torque85.7 kg fm (620 lbf ft) / 1,500 rpm
- Bore × stroke107 × 124 mm (4.2"× 4.9")
- Piston displacement6700 cc (409 in3)
- Batteries2 × 12 V × 100 Ah
- Starting motorDenso 24 V - 4.8 kW
- AlternatorDenso 24 V - 95 Amp
Service Refill Capacities
(Liters | Gallons)
- Fuel tank310.0 | 81.9
- Engine coolant40 | 10.6
- Engine oil23.7 | 6.3
- Swing device6.2 | 1.6
- Front Axle14.6 | 3.9
- Rear Axle18.5 | 4.9
- Hydraulic system (including tank)340.0 | 89.8
- Hydraulic tank165.0 | 43.6
- DEF/AdBlue®27 | 7.1
Hydraulic & Cross-Sensing/Fuel-Saving Pump Systems
- TypeVariable displacement tandem axis piston pumps
- Max. flow2 x 234 ℓ/min (61.8 gpm)
- Sub-pump for pilot circuit (Gear Pump)25.5 ℓ/min (6.7 gpm)
Hydraulic Motors & Cylinders
- TravelTwo speed axial pistons motor with brake valve and parking brake
- SwingAxial piston motor with automatic brake
- No. of cylinder
bore X strokeBoom: 120 × 1,290 mm
Arm: 140 × 1,510 mm
Outrigger: 130 × 427 mm
Relief Valve Settings
- Implement circuits350 kgf/cm2 (4,980 psi)
- Travel380 kgf/cm2 (5,400 psi)
- Power boost (boom, arm, bucket)380 kgf/cm2 (5,400 psi)
- Swing circuit265 kgf/cm2 (3,770 psi)
- Pilot circuit40 kgf/cm2 (570 psi)
- Service valveInstalled
Drives & Brakes
- Drive methodFully hydrostatic type
- Drive motorAxial piston motor, in-shoe design
- Reduction systemPlanetary reduction gear
- Max. drawbar pull11,600 kgf (25,570 lbf)
- Max. travel speed (high / low)35 km/h (21.7 mph) / 9.1 km/h (5.65 mph)
- Gradeability33° | (65%)
- Service BrakeIndependent dual brake, front and rear axle full hydraulic power brake.
Spring released and hydraulic applied wet type multiple disc brake.
- Parking BrakeSpring applied and hydraulic released wet disc brake type in transmission.
- Swing motorFixed displacement axial piston motor
- Swing reductionPlanetary gear reduction
- Swing bearing lubricationGrease-bathed
- Swing brakeMulti wet disc
- Swing speed9.7 rpm
Operating weight: including 6.5 m (21' 4'') Straight boom, 4.5 m (14' 9'') Gooseneck arm, 0.60 m3 (0.78 yd3), Lubricant, Coolant, Full Fuel Tank and Hydraulic Tank and etc.
Control: Pilot pressure operated joysticks and pedals with detachable lever provide almost effortless and fatigue-less operation.
Undercarriage: Reinforced box-section frame is all-welded, low-stress.
Operating Weight (Approximate)
- Front and rear outrigger26,100 kg (57,540 lb)
- Front and rear outrigger with orange grappler27,500 kg (60,630 lb)
- Pilot controlTwo joysticks with one safety lever
(LH): Swing and arm, Boom and bucket
(RH): Boom and bucket (ISO)
- Traveling and steeringTwo levers with pedals
- Engine throttleElectric, Dial type
- Front and Rear OutriggersIndicated for max. operation stabillity when digging and lifting.
HW250 MH DIMENSIONS Unit: mm (ft·in)
6.5 m (21' 4") Mono boom, 4.5 m (14' 9") Gooseneck Arm
- Boom length6,500 mm (21’ 4”)
- Arm length4,500 mm (14' 9")
- A Wheel base2,800 mm (9' 2")
- B Short Axle2,530 mm (8' 4")
- B Wide Axle (Standard)2,700 mm (8' 10")
- C Ground clearance of counterweight1,300 mm (4' 3")
- D Rear-end distance2,840 mm (9' 4")
- D’ Rear-end swing radius2,913 mm (9' 7")
- E Upperstructure width2,530 mm (8' 4")
- F Overall height of cab3,245 mm (10' 8")
- G Min. ground clearance353 mm (1' 2")
- H Tread1,914 mm (6' 3")
- I Overall length (Shipping position)9,730 mm (31' 11")
- J Overall height of boom (Traveling position)3,200 mm (10' 6")
- K Overall height of guardrail3,460 mm (11' 4")
Gooseneck Arm | Straight Arm (Optional)
- Arm length4,500 mm (14' 9") | 4,000 mm (13' 1")
- A Max. digging reach10,700 mm (35' 1") | 10,400 mm (34' 1")
- B Max. digging depth4,700 mm (15' 5") | 4,200 mm (13' 9")
- D Max. digging height12,000 mm (39' 4") | 12,000 mm (39' 4")
- F Min. swing radius (without grappler)2,700 mm (8' 10") | 2,700 mm (8' 10")
- F' Min. swing radius (without grappler)3,000 mm (9' 10") | 3,000 mm (9' 10")
Quality Fleet Service is Here for You
When you choose Quality Fleet Service, you gain access to the most impressive, hardworking heavy equipment for your business on the market. At our 15,000 sq.ft. facility, we are fully equipped to handle any repairs, service, or maintenance you need, whether it is a routine checkup or rebuilding an engine. We know that a machine breakdown or unexpected problem will not always arise during standard business hours, which means whenever you are working, we are available. That is why we offer 24-hour emergency service and assistance exclusively to our customers, ensuring you can always get back to work as quickly as possible.
Call or visit us at Quality Fleet Service today, and we will make sure your business is fully equipped to succeed.