|Net Power||171 hp (127 kW) at 1,800 rpm|
|Operating Weight||17,800 kg (39,240 lbs)|
|Standard Bucket||35 km/h (21.7 mph)|
- Hydrostatic drive
- Attachment Flow Control
- Dozer blade
- Front outrigger
- Intelligent 8″ touchscreen monitor
- Advanced audio system
- Auto climate control (AC/Heat)
- Deluxe Operator’s Seat
- Centralized Lubrication
- Cab Air Filter Access
- Hi-Mate – Telematics System
- Battery disconnect switch
- Auto-diagnostic system
At a lot of job sites, powerful machinery and construction equipment are crucial for getting work done. Having the right equipment can mean the difference between paying people to stand around and wait or missing a critical deadline, and having your work get done, on time, while keeping your workers busy. A wheeled excavator like the Hyundai HW180 is a powerful piece of equipment often used to clear out worksites when there is a lot of debris and demolition that needs to get done.
With so many different excavators and other pieces of equipment available for you to choose from, it is crucial to make sure you have the right tool to get the job done. Here at Quality Fleet Service, we pride ourselves on providing thorough and knowledgeable help for all of our customers, to ensure you get exactly the right equipment for what you need. With our massive test pit, we can show you the performance of different machinery in a real-world environment so you can see which one is right for you. Plus, we offer long-term support at our service center, or we can come to you with our exclusive 24-hour emergency service to get you up and running again.
Visit us at Quality Fleet Service today to get the perfect machinery for your business.
Choosing the Right Excavator
Even if you know that an excavator is the right tool, in general, for what you need to do, you still have quite a few options available to you. While the Hyundai HW180 is one of the best-wheeled excavators on the market, some other kinds might better meet your needs. It is important to make sure you know which type you require so you can get the right model. The most common types of excavators that you will find include:
- Wheeled Excavators – These are models like the Hyundai HW180 that have a large cab with an arm that can fit a bucket attachment. Under the cab, you will find wheels – hence the name. This means they are ideal for use on roads and paved surfaces, but they are not suitable for uneven ground like you might encounter in forestry work.
- Crawler Excavators – Designed much like wheeled excavators, crawler excavators have treads instead of wheels to provide greater stability. These are perfect for use on uneven ground, and they can handle tremendous loads. However, their treads can seriously damage pavement, so they cannot be used on public roads and may destroy parking lots.
- Compact Excavators – These excavators are available in both wheeled and crawler designs and are smaller than the larger models. A compact excavator is perfect if you do a lot of work in tight spaces since they typically have a smaller tail swing radius than larger models. Consider a compact excavator for urban work where you need to fit between large buildings.
Narrowing down your options to choose the right excavator for your business can be tricky, but it is an important decision. Consider the size of the jobs you typically take on, as well as the type of bucket and the sort of working and digging conditions you need your excavator for. If you still have questions, then we are here to help. Call us at Quality Fleet Service: we will work closely with you to figure out which type of excavator is right and provide you with the equipment you need to grow your business.
The Hyundai HW180
Of the wheeled excavators available from Hyundai, the Hyundai HW180 is the middle of the pack in terms of size and overall power. That makes it a great choice if you look at the options available, and you have concerns that the HW140 might be too small, but you are fairly certain that the HW210 is more machine than you need. Since your professional equipment is a significant investment, you want to be sure to get precisely the right model that will get your job done.
The Hyundai HW180 is powered by an impressive Cummins water-cooled, turbocharged I-6 diesel engine that delivers up to 171 hp and 620 lb-ft of torque. This gives the HW180 plenty of power to handle a wide range of tasks, making it an ideal middle choice in the Hyundai wheeled excavator lineup. It has an operating weight of more than 39,000 lbs and can handle a bucket of up to 1.37 cubic yards in size, making it perfect for even large job sites. Since this is the medium model in Hyundai’s wheeled excavators, it has a swing speed of 9.3 rpm and a tail swing radius of 8 feet.
With the Hyundai HW180, you get a maximum digging depth of just over 19 feet and a maximum digging reach of more than 30 feet. It has a bucket breakout force of more than 27,000 lb-ft and an arm crowd force of nearly 17,000 lb-ft. Finally, you get a top travel speed for the Hyundai HW180 of about 21 mph. While the HW140 is a faster model that can get around a worksite quicker, this is an excellent pick for handling more substantial jobs.
Although these specs can tell you a lot about the Hyundai HW180, they certainly do not convey the whole story. Here at Quality Fleet Service, we have a massive test pit that you can use to see how these machines perform in a real-world setting. It is important to us that you get the equipment that will work best for you, which is why we do everything we can to make the process of choosing your machinery as simple as possible.
Hyundai Warranty Coverage
In addition to the fantastic machinery they make, like the Hyundai HW180, Hyundai is also noteworthy for having one of the best warranties in the industry. With the HW180, you get:
- 3-year or 3,000-hour full machine warranty
- 5-year or 10,000-hour structural warranty
This gives you the protection and peace of mind you deserve so that you can use your equipment to tackle any job you need to. And if you want even more protection, then you can choose the Hyundai factory-extended warranty for up to 5 years or 10,000 hours of full machine warranty coverage. While many other manufacturers require that you select the extended warranty when you purchase their equipment, you can get this extended coverage from Hyundai at any time while your machinery is still covered by the standard warranty. And since we use factory parts whenever possible here at Quality Fleet Service, our work on your equipment includes Hyundai’s 1-year or 1,500-hour parts warranty.
4-wheel hydrostatic drive. Constant mesh, helical gear transmission provides 2 forward and reverse travel speeds.
- Maker / ModelCummins QSB6.7
- TypeWater-cooled, 4-cycle diesel, 6-cylinder in-line, Direct injection, Turbocharged, Charge air cooled, Low emission
- Rated flywheel horse power - SAE J1995 (gross)180 HP (134 kW) at 1,800 rpm
- Rated flywheel horse power - SAE J1349 (net)171 HP (127 kW) at 1,800 rpm
- Max. torque74.7 kgf.m (620 lbf.ft) at 1,500 rpm
- Bore × stroke107 x 124 mm (4.21” x 4.88”)
- Piston displacement6,700 cc (409 in3)
- Batteries2 x 12 V x 100 Ah
- Starting motor24 V - 4.8 kW
- Alternator24 V - 95 Amp
Drives & Brakes
- Max. drawbar pull10,320 kgf (22,750 lbf)
- Travel speed1st 5.9 km/h
2nd 21.7 mph
- Gradeability30º (70 %)
- Service BrakeIndependent dual brake, front and rear axle full hydraulic power brake.
Spring released and hydraulic applied wet type multiple disc brake.
- Parking BrakeSpring applied and hydraulic released wet disc brake type in transmission.
Operating weight: including 5,200 mm (17’ 1”) mono boom, 2,600 mm (8’ 6”) arm, SAE heaped 0.76 m3 (0.99 yd3) backhoe bucket, lubricant, coolant, full fuel tank, hydraulic tank and the standard equipment.
Operating Weight (Approximate)
Mono boom | Hyd. 2-Piece boom
- Rear dozer blade17,800 kg (39,240 lb) | 18,270 kg (40,280 lb)
- Rear outrigger17,950 kg (39,570 lb) | 18,420 kg (40,010 lb)
- Front outrigger and rear blade18,750 kg (41,340 lb) | 19,220 kg (42,370 lb)
- Front blade and rear outrigger18,800 kg (41,450 lb) | 19,270 kg (42,480 lb)
- Four outrigger18,900 kg (41,670 lb) | 19,370 kg (42,700 lb)
- Swing motorFixed displacement axial pistons motor
- Swing reductionPlanetary gear reduction
- Swing bearing lubricationGrease-bathed
- Swing brake (option)Multi wet disc (pin lock type)
- Swing speed9.3 rpm
Reinforced box-section frame is all-welded, low-stress. Dozer blade and outriggers are available. A pin-on design.
Pilot pressure operated joysticks and pedals with detachable lever provide almost effortless and fatigue-less operation.
- Dozer bladeIdeal for leveling and back filling or clean-up work.
- OutriggerRequired for max. operation stability when digging and lifting. Can be mounted on the front/or the rear.
- Pilot controlTwo joysticks with one safety lever
(LH): Swing and arm,
(RH): Boom and bucket (ISO)
Hydraulic Cylinders (No. of cylinder bore X stroke)
- Boom2-115 x 1,090 mm (4.5” x 42.9”)
- Arm1-120 x 1,355 mm (4.7” x 53.3”)
- Bucket1-110 x 995 mm (4.3” x 39.2”)
- Blade2-110 x 235 mm (4.3” x 9.3”)
- Outrigger2-125 x 463 mm (4.9” x 18.2”)
- 2-PCS boom2-115 x 960 mm (4.1”x 37.8”)
- Adjust (boom)1-160 x 650 mm (6.29”x 25.6”)
Relief Valve Setting
- Implement circuits400 kgf/cm2 (5,690 psi)
- Travel380 kgf/cm2 (5,400 psi)
- Power boost (boom, arm, bucket)380 kgf/cm2 (5,400 psi)
- Swing circuit285 kgf/cm2 (4,050 psi)
- Pilot circuit40 kgf/cm2 (570 psi)
- Service valveInstalled
- Main Pump TypeTwo variable displacement piston pumps
- Main Pump Max. flow2 X 172 ℓ/min (45.4 US gpm)
- Sub-pump for pilot circuit (Gear Pump)33 ℓ/min (8.7 gpm)
- Hydraulic Motor TravelVariable displasement pistons motor with brake valve
- Hydraulic Motor SwingAxial piston motor with automatic brake
Service Refill Capacities (Liter | Gallon)
- Fuel tank290 | 76.6
- Engine coolant19.5 | 5.2
- Engine oil23.7 | 6.3
- Swing device - gear oil (OPT)6.2 | 1.64
- Swing device - greese (OPT)(1.2) | (0.32)
- Front Axle15.5 | 4.11
- Rear Axle17.5 | 4.6
- Hydraulic system (including tank)270 | 71.3
- Hydraulic tank125 | 32.8
- DEF/AdBlue®27 | 7.1
5.2 m (17' 1") Mono boom, 2.6 m (8' 6") Arm, Rear dozer
Dimensions mm (ft-in)
- A Wheel base2,600 (8' 6")
- B Overall width2,500 (8' 2")
- C Ground clearance of counterweight1,270 (4' 2")
- D Rear-end distance2,430 (8' 0")
- D’ Rear-end swing radius2,430 (8' 0")
- E Upperstructure width2,475 (8' 1")
- F Overall height of cab3,190 (10' 6")
- G Min. ground clearance340 (1' 1")
- H Tread1,944 (6' 5")
- K Overall height of guardrail3,420 (11' 3")
- Boom length5,200 (16' 9")
- Arm length2,200 (7' 3") | 2,600 (8' 6") | 3,100 (10' 2")
- I Overall length (Traveling position)8,590 (28' 2") | 8,710 (28' 7") | 8,480 (27' 10")
- I' Overall length (Shipping position)8,650 (28' 5") | 8,760 (28' 9") | 8,760 (28' 9")
- J Overall height of boom (Traveling position)3,610 (11' 10") | 3,540 (11' 7") | 3,900 (12' 10")
- J' Overall height of boom (Shipping position)3,060 (10' 0") | 3,180 (10' 5") | 3,150 (10' 4")
Working Range mm (ft-in)
- Boom length5,200 (17' 1")
- Arm length2,200 (7’ 3”) | 2,600 (8’ 6”) | 3,100 (10’ 2”)
- A Max. digging reach8,820 (29’ 1”) | 9,200 (30’ 3”) | 9,450 (31’ 0”)
- A’ Max. digging reach on ground8,615 (28’ 4”) | 9,000 (29’ 7”) | 9,250 (30’ 4”)
- B Max. digging depth5,500 (18’ 2”) | 5,900 (19’ 5”) | 6,320 (20’ 9”)
- B’ Max. digging depth (8' level)5,280 (17’ 5”) | 5,700 (18’ 9”) | 6,130 (20’ 1”)
- C Max. vertical wall digging depth4,850 (16’ 1”) | 5,310 (17’ 6”) | 5,470 (17’ 11”)
- D Max. digging height9,180 (30’ 3”) | 9,300 (30’ 7”) | 9,220 (30’ 3”)
- E Max. dumping height6,520 (21’ 5”) | 6,660 (21’ 8”) | 6,620 (21’ 9”)
- F Min. swing radius3,290 (10’ 9”) | 3,230 (10’ 8 ”) | 3,160 (10’ 4”)
Quality Fleet Service is Here for You
At Quality Fleet Service, we want to be sure you get the right machinery for your business that you can keep working for years to come. At our 15,000 square foot facility, we are fully equipped to handle any maintenance, service, or repairs that your equipment might need. And if you cannot come to us, then we will come to you with 24-hour emergency service and support. Rain or shine, whether you are stuck by the side of the road or find yourself at a remote job site without functional equipment, we will get you back to work.
Call or visit us at Quality Fleet Service in South Hadley, MA, and see what we can do for you.